Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 4 of PiYo and Meal Plan


Well... what can I really say?  This week did not go well.
I could tick off the reasons it didn't:  a wake, a funeral, the backyard renovation, actually having to do work for my teaching job, an upheaval of our household... but really, those are just excuses, and I think excuses are lame.


I didn't do what I was supposed to, and I am owning up to that.  I have been a poor example in the last week.  I missed THREE (yes, count 'em THREE) workouts.  My food wasn't too bad, but I didn't really follow my meal plan.  Unexpected things just kept popping up, so I did the best I could.  Now that I think about it, I actually did pretty well, considering I didn't follow my meal plan.
Anyway, today I am making a U-turn and getting back on track, heading the direction I want to go.  I made a new meal plan, and I am doubling up my workouts for the next three days so I can get back to where I need to be in the PiYo schedule.  Crazy, I know, but this is my last week of summer before going back to school to teach, and I MUST be on track when that starts!
Anyway, the only new workout I got to last week in the PiYo series was Hardcore on the Floor.  The cast was all wearing shoes, so I put my shoes on, too, but ended up taking them off because they were tearing up my  PiYo mat!  I ended up doing the workout in my socks, and that was not too bad.  I feel like some of the other workouts (Buns especially!) require shoes, but this one?  Not so much.


This was my (shameful) workout schedule for last week:
Monday:  Sweat
Tuesday:  Rest (my asthma was bothering me, so I had intended to swap this day for Sunday...HA!)
Wednesday:  Hardcore on the Floor
Thursday:  Buns
Friday:  Big FAT 0
Saturday:  Uhhh...
Sunday:  SLACKER!

Here's to this week being much better!  Down with excuses!

Well, since I didn't really follow my meal plan last week, I still have most of that food in my freezer.  If this week's meal plan looks an awful lot like last week's, that's why.  I'm sorry I don't have more variety for you at this point!


Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

PiYo Meal Plan for: 7.28

Workout
PiYo: Drench
PiYo:  Strength Intervals
PiYo:  Sweat
PiYo:  Sculpt
PiYo:  Sweat
PiYo:  Core
PiYo:  Drench
REST!
PiYo:  Buns
Strength Intervals
Breakfast
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk
Snack
Cherries and String Cheese
Cherries and String Cheese
Cherries and String Cheese
Cherries and String Cheese
Cherries and String Cheese
Cherries and String Cheese
Cherries and String Cheese
Lunch
2 scrambled eggs with swiss cheese; I slice cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread, 1 c. strawberries
Leftover French Dip Sandwich w Provel on whole wheat hot dog bun; 2 cups steamed mixed veggies
Grilled portabello mushroom sandwiches with peppers, onions, and swiss; side salad
Leftover Turkey Taco salads w/ ground turkey, baked tortilla chips, 2 cups salad greens, salsa, and dollop of Greek yogurt
Brisket Chili and salad
Leftover Turkey Spaghetti w/ ½ cup whole wheat noodles and 1 zucchini; 2 cups mixed salad greens with balsamic vinaigrette and 1 oz shredded cheese
Leftover Turkey Taco salads w/ ground turkey, baked tortilla chips, 2 cups salad greens, salsa, and dollop of Greek yogurt
Snack
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Dinner
French Dip Sandwich w Provel on whole wheat hot dog bun; 2 cups steamed mixed veggies
Turkey Spaghetti w/ ½ cup whole wheat noodles and 1 zucchini; 2 cups mixed salad greens with balsamic vinaigrette and 1 oz shredded cheese
Turkey Taco salads w/ ground turkey, baked tortilla chips, 2 cups salad greens, salsa, and dollop of Greek yogurt
Brisket Chili and salad
Turkey Burgers, sweet potato fries, and steamed mixed veggies
Leftover Turkey Taco salads w/ ground turkey, baked tortilla chips, 2 cups salad greens, salsa, and dollop of Greek yogurt
Cheat Meal
Snack
4 oz ham slices and baby carrots
4 oz ham slices and baby carrots
4 oz ham slices and baby carrots
4 oz ham slices and baby carrots
4 oz ham slices and baby carrots
4 oz ham slices and baby carrots
4 oz ham slices and baby carrots


You know what?  I could beat myself up for last week.  Or, I can take a good hard look at what really happened, and view it as a learning experience.  I'm not a failure because I haven't quit!  I am pulling myself up by my boot straps and moving forward!  


The truth of the matter is that life does not pick a convenient time to happen.  There is never really a good time to lose weight, to get healthy, to begin something new.  Even once your journey has begun, there are going to be events in your life that throw you off course.  It doesn't have to be permanent.  You haven't failed.  It's not too late.  Look at your goals and refocus.  Understand that this is completely NORMAL.  This happens to EVERYONE.  It will happen again.
Part of being FIERCE is not being a quitter.

"Though she be but little, she is FIERCE." - William Shakespeare





No comments:

Post a Comment