Monday, July 21, 2014

PiYo Week 3 Update and Meal Plan


PiYo week  3... I've gotta tell you, I love this!  I am definitely feeling stronger and more flexible.  I think "Sweat" might be one of my new favorites!  I am getting pretty good with the tricep push ups.  This week's schedule was:

Monday - Define Upper Body
Tuesday - Buns
Wednesday - Core
Thursday - Define Lower Body
Friday - Sweat
Saturday - Strength Intervals



A few things I have learned after three weeks of PiYo:
1.  Keep a towel handy, especially if you are a sweaty girl like me.  Usually the last half of any of the workouts, I have a towel on the front part of my mat to keep my sweaty hands from slipping in down dog.  Maybe that's just me.  I haven't heard anyone else complain about it.
2.  For all the workouts on the 2nd disc, wear shoes.  Chalene and the other people in the videos are wearing shoes for these, even though she says you don't have to.  I was about ten minutes into "Buns" and I wished I had put my shoes on.  Those workouts are Core, Buns, and Strength Intervals.
3.  You WILL get better, stronger, and more fluid as time goes on.
4.  The music gets stuck in my head... which is a good thing!

Now, for the PiYo meal plan... last week I talked about how it seemed like too much food... and honestly, for me, it was.  I wasn't able to eat most of it!  I'm going to try for one more week, but if I still feel like it is too much, I'll go back to my Tosca Reno meal plan that I've used since I began this journey.


Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

PiYo Meal Plan for: 7.21

Workout
PiYo: Sweat
PiYo:  Hardcore on the Floor
PiYo:  Buns
PiYo:  Drench
PiYo: Strength Intervals
PiYo:  Sweat
REST!
Breakfast
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk, and 1.5 tsp. natural peanut butter
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk, and 1.5 tsp. natural peanut butter
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk, and 1.5 tsp. natural peanut butter
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk, and 1.5 tsp. natural peanut butter
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk, and 1.5 tsp. natural peanut butter
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk, and 1.5 tsp. natural peanut butter
Shakeology w/ fruit and 1.5 c. skim milk, and 1.5 tsp. natural peanut butter
Snack
1 c. Strawberries, 1 c. Greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey
1 c. Strawberries, 1 c. Greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey
1 c. Strawberries, 1 c. Greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey
1 c. Strawberries, 1 c. Greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey
1 c. Strawberries, 1 c. Greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey
1 c. Strawberries, 1 c. Greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey
1 c. Strawberries, 1 c. Greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey
Lunch
4 scrambled eggs with peppers, onions, and mushrooms, and shredded cheddar cheese, 1 slice cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread, all-fruit spread
Leftover Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms; veggie quinoa
Leftover Turkey Spaghetti w/ ½ cup whole wheat noodles and 1 zucchini; 2 cups mixed salad greens with balsamic vinaigrette and 1 oz cheese
Teacher workshop – lunch out; EAT CLEAN!
Teacher workshop – lunch out; EAT CLEAN
Leftover French Dip Sandwich w/ Provel on whole wheat hot dog bun; 2 cups steamed mixed veggies
4 scrambled eggs with peppers, onions, and mushrooms, and shredded cheddar cheese, 1 slice cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread, all-fruit spread
Snack
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Nectarine and 1 c. cottage cheese
Dinner
Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms; veggie quinoa; 2 cups mixed salad greens w/  olive oil and vinegar
Turkey Spaghetti w/ ½ cup whole wheat noodles and 1 zucchini; 2 cups mixed salad greens with balsamic vinaigrette and 1 oz shredded cheese
French Dip Sandwich w Provel on whole wheat hot dog bun; 2 cups steamed mixed veggies
Turkey Taco salads w/ ground turkey, baked tortilla chips, 2 cups salad greens, salsa, and dollop of Greek yogurt
Date Night – cheat meal
Leftover Turkey Spaghetti w/ ; 2 cups mixed salad greens with balsamic vinaigrette and 1 oz shredded cheese
Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops w/ baked sweet potato with dollop of Greek yogurt and 2 c. steamed broccoli
Snack
4 oz ham slices and cucumber slices and peppers
4 oz ham slices and cucumber slices and peppers and 6 almonds
4 oz ham slices and cucumber slices and peppers and 6 almonds
4 oz ham slices and cucumber slices and peppers and 6 almonds
4 oz ham slices and cucumber slices and peppers and 6 almonds
4 oz ham slices and cucumber slices and peppers and 6 almonds
4 oz ham slices and cucumber slices and peppers and 6 almonds



So have you tried PiYo yet?  My challengers are LOVING it!  My next group begins August 18th... if you'd like to join us, please fill out the challenge group application!


The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment