Thursday, July 23, 2015

10 Things Only Other Beachbody Coaches Will Understand


Woah!  So I came back from Beachbody Coach Summit in Nashville on Sunday, but man, was I exhausted!  This is really the first chance I've had to write a post between catching up on sleep and catching up on some things that need to be caught up on after you've been out of state for five days!
First let me just tell you that Summit was an AMAZING experience.  I made great new friends, learned SOOO much, had dream-come-true workouts with celebrity trainers, and savored some of the delicious cuisine of downtown Nashville.
It is SO WONDERFUL to be around other coaches.  Coaches GET IT.  This is a lifestyle, a culture.  Even though I have been a coach for over a year, I don't think I truly appreciated all that being a coach MEANS until I went to Summit.  So  today, I present my list of things only other Beachbody Coaches will understand:

1.  Taking a road trip with other people you may have never met before in real life.  On my trip, there were four women riding in my car to Nashville.  One of them was one of my personally sponsored coaches whom I used to work with.  I haven't seen her in person in YEARS.  Another woman was another coach on my team who I've met in person ONCE, in January when we flew to Pittsburgh for a Super Saturday.  The other woman was one of HER personally sponsored coaches, who I had never met at all.  Was it weird?  For maybe five minutes.  Just let me tell you:  these women are INCREDIBLE.  No wonder people say their coach friends become their best friends.  We have similar lifestyles, goals, and attitudes.  These chicks are FIERCE.



2.  The surreal feeling you get when you finally meet people in person that you've only talked to online.  You feel like you are meeting for the first time, but you aren't!  And you aren't sure at first if they know who YOU are (but they always do).

3.  No one in the car drinks soda.  No one.  Not once, in the five days we were there, did any of us.  I cannot imagine myself in a group of any other four people in my normal life where I can say that.

4.  The only new clothes we bought for our big annual convention trip were new workout clothes.  All.  Four.  Of.  Us.  Isn't that funny?  I threw together dresses I've had for awhile and some cool, comfortable clothes, but I just HAD to have some new workout pants and a snazzy new tank.

5.   Workout clothes, by the way, are perfectly legitimate outfits for the training sessions for said convention.  I'm not sure there are other conventions where this is true.

6.  It's pretty funny when the local Panera runs out of egg white and avocados.  Only sort of - that's what I was going to order!  This was on the second day of Summit.  True story!  Next year we should call the week ahead and warn them we are coming so they can be better prepared.



7.  We can identify other coaches by their toned and sexy arms!  It is true that coaches come in all shapes and sizes, but we could definitely tell other coaches by their shapely arms and comfort wearing workout clothes just about anywhere.

8.  Getting up at 5:00 AM to go STAND IN LINE for a workout.  Now, I wouldn't do this for just any workout, but I would do this for a CELEBRITY workout, say with Shaun T or Chalene Johnson.  And I did!  I would do it again!  Working out with Chalene LIVE has been an item on my bucket list for a LONG time.  She is MY HERO!



9.  Packing a cooler with lots and lots of water and lots and lots of healthy snacks.  I'm glad we did, because let me tell you - Beachbody kept us SO BUSY between workouts, general sessions, training, and parties, that there was NOT much time to eat or sleep.  Having cheese sticks, fruit, carrots, hummus, and healthy sandwiches in our mini fridge at our hotel SAVED OUR LIVES.  Packets of Shakeology helped a ton, too!  At least we knew we were being nourished.

10.  Feeling like you've found your TRIBE.  Some people just don't get the whole working out thing.  It's hard.  It's boring.  It's drudgery.  They would rather have their entire body waxed.  Not coaches.  Coaches have pushed through that point and CRAVE movement.  Sure, there are days we just don't wanna, but we know if we do we won't regret it.  Coaches are people just like you who have made a commitment to be the best version of themselves, and they love to help others do the same!  While we are all different, we have different lives and personalities, we are SO alike in that we love what we do.  We LOVE being a part of those after pictures.  We LOVE being a part of helping people to find their confidence, and then passing it on.

Have you ever wondered EXACTLY what it is that I do as a coach?  Have you wondered how I make money, or how much I make?  How much time or commitment does it take to be a coach?  You can have all of these questions and more answered in my 5 Day Coaching Sneak Peek that begins on Monday!  Just shoot me a message and let me know that you are in!  No pressure or obligation; just information.
Are you ready to BE FIERCE?


No comments:

Post a Comment